- Jeevan is a leader in India in HLA typing for patient and registry samples.
- Jeevan’s HLA Team comes with a combined experience of over 30 years and is constantly training and upgrading the knowledge and developments in this field.
- This team has performed over 13,000 HLA typing by Luminex (2007 – 2013), Sanger Technology (2013 – 2017) and NGS (from 2017).
NGS @ Jeevan
- Jeevan has implemented full gene NGS typing for all samples with MIA FORA kits from Immucor on MiniSeq from Illumina.
- This NGS sequencer is dedicated to High resolution HLA typing of the stem cell units from donated cord blood, adult stem cell donors and clinical samples.
High Resolution HLA typing
We perform whole gene NGS HLA typing for
- Class I (A, B, C) & Class II (DRB1 and DQB1)
Sample for HLA typing
- Peripheral Blood
- Cord Blood
- Buccal Swabs
Benefits of NGS HLA Typing by Jeevan
- Unlike other service providers,Jeevan offers HLA typing based on whole gene sequencing.
- All samples undergo full gene sequencing and hence the chance of any ambiguity is extremely low.
- Provides the ability to characterize Null and Novel alleles.
- For DRB genes, we provide the highest coverage that includes Exon 1 and Exons 2 – 6 to achieve resolution with minimum ambiguity. High resolution matching of DRB1 is critical for success of BMT.
- Samples are processed and reported with the latest release of IMGT allele Database.
Turn Around Time
- 5 working days for Clinical Samples
- 15 working days for Registry Samples