It is happening in India at Jeenomics, the NGS HLA laboratory of Jeevan Stem Cell Foundation, a not for profit organization, established in 1995.
Jeevan operates Be The Cure Registry comprising of South Asia’s largest Public Cord Blood Bank and an Adult Stem Cell registry (a.k.a. Bone Marrow Donor Registry).
- Jeenomics, the HLA typing laboratory of Jeevan Stem Cell Foundation is a leader in India and South Asia in HLA typing for transplant centres, patients, families, research organisations and donor registries.
- Jeenomics HLA Team comes with a combined experience of over 50 years and is constantly training and upgrading the knowledge and developments in this field.
- Jeenomics has performed over 122,000 HLA typings by Luminex (2007 – 2013), Sanger Technology (2013 – 2017) and Next Generation Sequencing NGS (MIA FORA Immucor) whole gene sequencing (from 2017).
The Technology at Jeenomics
We offer high resolution HLA typing (A, B, C, DRB1, DRB3, DRB4, DRB5, DQB1 and DPB1) by using the combination NGS MIA FORA FLEX (USA) kits from Immucor and MiniSeq from Illumina (USA).
Advantages of our Whole Gene typing strategy
- For DRB genes, we provide the highest coverage that includes Exon 1 and Exons 2 – 6 to achieve resolution with minimum ambiguity.
- No allele level Ambiguities in the reports (Appendix Page with list of possible Ambiguities are not required).
- All the samples are Whole Gene NGS Typed, Re-confirmation with a better Resolution is not required.
- Detection of null alleles (mutations in untested / uncovered areas are also sequenced and reported).
- Shortened donor search process with Whole Gene high-resolution typing.
Turn Around Time
- 5 working days for Clinical Samples
- 15 working days for Registry and Research Samples
Sample types for HLA typing
- EDTA Blood
- Buccal Swabs
- Cord Blood
For the patients and families
Every transplant, allogenic or Haplo identical, requires accurate HLA typing to the highest resolution without ambiguities. In addition, this needs to be done within the shortest turnaround time. Jeenomics understands that accurate and dependable typing in the shortest turnaround time is critical to the success of transplant.
For the registry
Every registry needs to have their donors typed to the highest resolution without any ambiguities. Jeenomics is committed to provide the registries this at a cost that will help you type more donors with your resources.
The need for accurate and reliable HLA typing results using contemporary technology for your research is something Jeevan is familiar with. Most importantly, you need someone who understands your research and contributes to your quest. Jeenomics has the team you are looking for in a NGS HLA laboratory accredited nationally and internationally with several publications in peer reviewed journals.