You have the power to save lives– Donate blood.
It takes more than 6 hours to test, process and decide whether the donated blood can be used or not. Hence please Do not wait for a call from a blood bank.
Walk in and donate blood on a day convenient to you: at least twice a year.
Donating blood is safe and simple. It takes just 4 minutes to save lives – registration, medical examination, donation and satisfaction!
- Have a good meal and plenty of fluids before you donate blood.
- Walk into the blood bank between 1 and 2 hours after having a meal.
- You will be asked a few questions about yourself, your health, etc. and will be given a form to fill All information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential.
- You will undergo a medical examination including height, weight, blood pressure and haemoglobin to ensure that you are healthy enough to donate blood. Donor safety is as important as blood safety.
- If found fit, you can donate blood. The equipment used during the process is absolutely sterile and disposed after single use. You will not develop any disease through blood donation.
- You will receive a certificate and information on “dos and don’ts” for the next 24 hours.
You can donate blood again after 90 days. The procedure is the same every time you donate blood – either at the blood centre or at a blood donation camp.
Please do not wait for a call to donate blood.
Click here to see a slideshow of the entire process of blood donation.
If you have more questions about donating blood, click here to go to the frequently-asked-questions section.
Feel free to voice your views and share your experience. We appreciate the time you are taking to do this. Your views are valuable to us